We had a wonderful response to our last webinar, “Surviving Social Situations: Helping Your Pre-Teen and Teenage Daughter Come Out Stronger.” So many people wrote in or told me in person how much they enjoyed Brochie Weinberg, MS. LPCC’s class.
We learned so many great ways to communicate with our teens. Brochie gave the following ideas:
- Validate feelings WHATEVER they may be
- Use an emotional vocabulary as often as possible
- Check your own emotional temperature
- Show your daughter that you don’t judge your own emotions
- Be honest when you are feeling intense
That was just a taste of her words of wisdom.
Many of you had missed the class and had asked if there was a recording. We have just uploaded it to youtube.com and it is now ready for your viewing pleasure:
Let us know what you think. Make sure to comment below!